And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Friday, December 30, 2011

Traditions of Gratitude

O Mother of the Universe, glorious in all your forms
and as the formless clear light of nondual awareness!
You alone are projecting various images of self and
world for the evolution of consciousnes, and you
alone dissolve these images for the liberation of
consciousness.  You are mother and father, wife and
husband, sister, brother, child, teacher, friend, and
beloved.  You are the single essesnce of all God's and
Goddesses, the single core of all religions.  You are my
True Self. You.  You. Only You. 
                               ~ Lex Hixon, From the  Hindu Tradition

Infinate mind-streams flowing throughout beginningless
time have been my mothers and have thus
poured forth inconceivable tenderness and loving sacrifice
for me.  To all these beloved, intimately connected
living beings, who are manifesting as animals, humans,
gods, and demons, I now offer profound gratitude.  I
vow to liberate all of them from their complex
and painful emotional and conceptual bondage.  I vow to
struggle for their physial and spiritual well-being
throughout all my future lifetimes.  I vow to bring them
all, through the powerful teaching of the Buddahs,
into the final Nirvana of nondual emptiness and bliss.
                                   ~ Lex Hixon, From the  Buddhist Tradition



Last night I fell aleep as I was beginning to post this ... oopsie!  I will catch up and continue today ... these is a lot said in these two prayers of gratitude.  I love the ONENESS that shines through the prayer from the Hindu tradition.  When I remember to live the truth of oneness, I live so much better!  I realize that God is closer than my very breath ... part of the oneness ... i remember to take better loving care of myself as I would for you ...both parts of the oneness ... i give and receive freely, delighted to be another bozo on the bus ... all together in the Oneness!!

The Buddhist tradition also speaks of the duality that makes us think we are separate ... thank God for the walls that can fall down, opening me to the grace and gratitude and connection in life! 

Thank you for the 12 steps ... that cut through the complictions ... and keep it simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment