And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Work of Christmas

When the song of the angels is stilled,
When the star in the sky is gone,
When the kings and princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flock,
The work of Christmas begins:
     To find the lost,
     To heal the broken,
     To feed the hungry,
     To release the prisoner,
     To rebuild the nations,
     To bring peace among the brothers,
     To make music in the heart.
            ~ Howard Thurman  "The Work of Christmas"


I really like this ... what a reminder that life goes on, and we are all called to be present for humanity in all ways on ALL days.  Whether you hate the holiday season or love the holiday season, its really just another day ...the real work of living the embodiement of love is my call each and every day.

Of course, I can only do this if I am living my program ... living  God's will instead of my own....and for this I pray.

Round the table,
Peace and Joy prevail.
May all who share
this season's delight
enjoy countless more.
            ~ Chinese Blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment