And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Sunday, January 15, 2012

And acceptance is ....

Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be
Free. Stay centered by accepting whatever you are
Doing.  This is the ultimate.
      -Chuang  Tsu

Ahhhh, so this is the ultimate?  lolol .... well,  for some of us it just may be!  For me, when I live life on life's terms in acceptance mode, I am able to be fully present because I am not caught up in judging, comparing, wanting things to be different or fearing the future.  Acceptance ... simple acceptance ... staying in the flow of the river instead of fighting to swim upstream.  I can do this when I trust, when I live on a steady diet of Faith! 

Our famous beloved page 449 in the AABB says it so well:

"And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing or situation -- some fact of my life -- unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment.
Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes."

Simple, not easy.  Worth it?  Always!!!                         Gratefully, Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment