And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, January 30, 2012

Be Here Now

Don't think about the future.
Just be here now.
Don't think about the past.
Just be here now.
                     -Ram Dass




Several years ago while struggling with serious illness.
I watched an Anthony DeMello presentation on acceptance.
He spoke of living in the present moment in a way that struck
me right to the core ~ I remember it still, and refer myself and  others
to his simple wisdom quite often.

He said that a person could handle even the most excruciating pain
as long as they stayed in the present moment.  We CAN handle peacefully
anything that comes our way, as long as we are fully present to it, living in the
exact moment.
 
We get in trouble when we stop being fully present to the present
and begin to add our fears from the future ~ which multiply quickly ~
and/or tack on our unresolved issues from the past.  
Soon, the present moment is so painful and heavy, it is no wonder it feels impossible!!

So, just be here now, breathe into the now moment,
know that God is right here in the now, and the what-is-ness of life is right here!! 

No mater what ...
jut be right here,
right now ...
all is well in this present moment ...
take it one present moment at a time ...
that makes all the difference!!
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment