And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, March 19, 2012

The laughter and the tears


To those of us whose lives have been hidden from
society, from those we love, from ourselves, we join in
solidarity.
     To those of us who have resisted isolation and stood
up to fear, we give heartfelt affirmation.
     In honor of those of us who have courageously,
joyfully, burst into the fullness of our identities, we
offer gratitude and blessing.
                             -Molly Fumia
  
Give me a sense of humor,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some pleasure out of life
And pass it on to other folk.
               - anonymous


The readings today speak of some vital elements of living life on life’s terms with authenticity.
It is so important to join in solidarity with others rather than living  a divided life, and to stand together in courage and faith rather than folding into fear and isolation.Those of us who travel the road to happy destiny shoulder to shoulder certainly know the truth of this.  Most of us have experienced times in the journey where we  have stumbled, and it is those journeying beside us who have held us up until we are back on our feet.  And so, the journey continues ....
A sense of  humor ... life can so often be share with laughter and/or with tears.  Our fellowship has an amazing capacity to share life giving laughter that is heart felt and contagious!   Life can be shared through a sense of humor.

  I am just returning from a wonderful quiet week of retreat in a hermitage in a wooded area on the grounds of a Franciscan Motherhouse. Now, the rule book says that visitors are “discouraged”, it does not say they are not allowed. Soooo, during the day I received the gift of two visiting friends and we shared our spiritual journeys through tales and tears ... and then our number grew to six and we shared spiritual journeys through gales of laughter so hearty it led to tears.
  The laughter and the tears, they blessed us, each and everyONE!!!
The Spiritual Journey is the most intimate  of all journeys.  How blessed are we
 who are able to share and receive these wonders with others; 
the ineffable laughter and the tears.

In Joy ~  Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment