And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Life on Life's Terms


Who knows what form the forward momentum of life
will take in the time ahead or what use it will make of
our anguished searching?  The most any one of us can
seem to do is to fashion something – an object or
ourselves – and drop it into the confusion, make an
offering of it, so to speak, to the life force.
                           - Ernest Becker



Another song comes to mind today ~ click the above link to enjoy :)

As Program People, we know all about life on life's terms ... it just happens!  And we get to choose how we will respond.  Will we stuff it, drink it. run from it, deny it, embrace it, learn from it, grow from it, be grateful  for it?  Sometimes the seeming difficulty has been the bridge to a wonderful gift in my life...I just can not see it at the time ... but of course, my name does not begin with "G".  :)
A rock bottom can be the beginning of a new life.
A heartfelt prayer can be a bridge to a deeper spiritual awareness.
A disaster can be an invitation to share or receive service.

Viktor Frankl says
 “What is to give light must endure burning.”



It is all a part of our journey ... 

thanks for traveling shoulder to shoulder with me today!


Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment