And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Friday, March 2, 2012

Do what you do In-Joy

Tonight we ask that we each find what we love to do
in life so that, in the words of Joseph Campbell, “our
life experiences on the purely physical plane will have
resonances within our innermost being and reality, so
that we feel the rapture of being alive.


When I was a young nun and was assigned my appointments (chores) we were told to do everything we do with love...including those chores!  I remember spending an entire Saturday afternoon and evening hand cleaning each and every blade on the old blinds in the back dark library.  Hours and hours I spent, quietly eliminating dust that was sun baked in place on each blade.  I entered this task remembering to do it with love....and actually enjoyed doing it with my whole heart!!

I try to remember this today when I am doing something that I find less than favorable.  
When I first heard this I found it to be a bit idealistic.  
Yet, on that day it certainly worked!!

Life brings me all sorts of opportunities, some seemingly more pleasant than others.  
But even today, when I remember to do what I do with my whole heart, 
I am in-joy!

And I am grateful ....Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment