And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, March 5, 2012

Ward off Disease and Weakness


Ward off from us, disease and weakness.
By day and night, lovers of sweetness, guard us.
                           - Rig-Veda


I chuckled when I read these words for today ~ when we are currently surrounded
by people who are sneezing and coughing and just generally miserable!
It reminds me of a sermon I heard many years ago. The priest reminded us
that there are germs out there, and that is just the way it is.  We can do
lots of things to protect us from catching them, but sometimes they get
through anyway.  And, that's ok, that does not mean we have not done
our wellness work well enough to keep them away....cause, they are gonna
be there!  The good news is, if we do our good wellness work regularly,
the little germs won't take us down so long and so hard ~ we will bounce back.

He likened that to the Spiritual Journey. If we do our daily work, and stay close
to God and continue to grow spiritually,  stuff can happen that can tempt us or 
lead us astray .. but our daily spiritual work and connection will prove strong
and solid ... and will help to pull us back to solid ground.

I ask myself, what am I surrounding myself with?  Is it faith?  Wholeness? 
People who live the Spiritual Principles?  Honesty?  Truth?
Does my daily life nurture my recovery and spiritual growth and connection?
With whom am I shoulder to shoulder on this journey on the road to happy Destiny?

I'm glad it is you ... thanks for BEing here!!! Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment