And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, April 2, 2012

God's love is on this earth

This world is nothing more than
Beauty's chance to show Herself.
And what are we?
Nothing more than Beauty's chance to see Herself.
For if Beauty were not seeking Herself
we would not exist.

Every particle of creation
sings its own song
of what is, and what is not.
The wise hear what is;
The mad hear what is not.
And only a cracked mirror 
will show a difference.

All your knowledge
leads you in the wrong direction;
All your worship
only puts you to sleep.
Insipid is this world
which only believes in what is seen;
Here, taste the wine from this Cup
which cannot be seen.

The one who has adorned himself
with the Creator's form
is the only one fit to guard
the purity
of both worlds.

On account of those who repeat His name
This Earth has become a paradise,
an honored place
in the order of creation.
God's love is on this earth,
And the heavens forever bend over to greet her.
- GHALIB, Translated by Jonathon Star



There are so many images and invitations
within this writing ~
we could talk about it for a long time.
Of course, who has that kind of time during a busy work week?

Instead, I received it as a simple invitation
to be aware of God in nature!

I saw the most incredible tulips today!
They centered me
and gave birth to a smile.

When I don't take the time to notice something as beautiful
as that ... I know I am too busy!!

Are you too busy?
Love,
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment