And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Beautiful Things

Holy Creator,
thank you for artists:
visual, verbal,
musical, kinesthetic,
spiritual...
Within their creative process
may we recognize
the divine in all creation
and be moved to awe
and wonder and worship.
                     - Chris Glaser


At a "nun convention" many years ago I was struck by Sr. Agnes sharing about her experience of the vow of chastity ... she said she had flying home from Africa and had looked out of the window and the clouds were so beautiful they took her breath away!  And, the first person she wanted to share this wonderful experience with was God!!


That has always stayed with me ... I rely on nature and art and music  etc to remind me of  God in all things.  I remember to turn to God in times of trouble, less often I remember to turn God in times of gratitude and wonder.  Yet, wonder is truly all around me ... and truly, is one so different from the other?  


I love this simple song ... a reminder of the transformative power of God, always at work!!
Try this link (below)



Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment