And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Words are not enough

The Tao that can be told is not the
     eternal Tao;
The name that can be named is not the
     eternal name;
The Nameless is the origin of Heaven
     and earth;
The Named is the mother of all things.
                    -LAO TU, Translated by
                     Wing-Tsit Chan



This reading reminds me of the wonder and the power of the spiritual experience ... and the inadequacy of words to describe it.  I suppose it is a part of each of us that is so personal that it simply can not be shared, and yet it is shared by each of us in a wordless wonder.  
The call of the Spirit is so fundamental, so  primary ... hardly a breath can be taken without touching into that invitation.  No wonder they say that people breathe too shallowly in our busy busy world....perhaps that is in order to keep moving and moving and not have to slow down and take the time to receive the invitation....the pause.
I find it really does not take that much time ... and it makes all the difference in my life!!  Meditation planned ... a pause here and there throughout the day ... practicing the presence of God ~ like Brother Lawrence!  (Have you ever read that  book?  It is remarkable!!)
Pause ... Breathe ... Be Here Now ..... .... ..... ..... Cate



No comments:

Post a Comment