And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

hOLY IN aLL

Holy be the white head of a negro,
Sacred be the black flax of a black child.
Holy be the golden down
That will stream in the waves of the wind
and will thin like a dispersing cloud.
Holy be the heads of Chinese hair,
Sea calm, sea impersonal
Deep flowering of the mellow and traditional.
Heads of people fair
Bright shimmering from the riches of their species;
Heads of Indians
with feeling of distance and space and dusk;
Heads of wheaten gold,
Heads of peoples dark
So strong, so original,
All of the earth and the sun.
                   - GEORGE CAMPBELL, CONTEMPORARY JAMAICAN POET








There is holiness in all ... no more no less in one or the other ...
this is the Oneness .. we are not separate and apart except in our
comparing and judging minds.
           That is easy to remember in moments of meditative clarity or when                   
           experiencing the world of a far away family through the shelter of
          flat screen tv.
                    I am challenged to remember this as I walk through the moments
                    of my days when the moments invite categorization or labeling.
                              Lord, may my meditation take skin and live action during all
                              moments of my days.                        cate 

No comments:

Post a Comment