And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dream of Peace

We dedicate this meal to our hopes and dreams for
the future,
We dream of a world not threatened by destruction.
We dream of a word in which all people are free to be themselves.
We dream of a world at peace.
- ADAPTED FROM AN HAGGADAH OF LIBERATION



I recently watched an interview with Thich Nhat Hanh 
where he said it should take 1/2 hour to enjoy a cup of tea!
Imagine that ... savoring a cup of tea with that amount of awareness.
If we could only all live in such awareness ... 
we would most definitely live in a world of PEACE!!

He also gave some great advice on friendship ....
he said:
The mot precious gift you can give someone you love
is the gift of your full presence.
and your message to them is,
I am here for you.

Your next message is:
I know you are there, and I am so happy!
This is the simple gift of letting the other
know that you are aware of and grateful for their presence.
Embrace your beloved one with mindfulness!

And when your beloved on is suffering, you say:
I know you suffer, that is why I am here for you.
Simply offer your awareness and your presence to the other, 
don't immediately set about trying to solve the problem
on the level of he problem
Be present, offer your presence and awareness,
that is so healing!!

And when you suffer, because of something done by your beloved one,
so often we withdraw and isolate,
and the space between us grow and grows.
Instead, you can say:
I suffer, please help me.

These statements of presence are so simple and so healing!
I will practice them, 
hoping to bring what ever moments of peace
I can bring to this world.

Namaste'
cate

No comments:

Post a Comment