And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fisherman Faith


O the east, O the west,
O the north, O the south,
O above, O below, O the sun,
Recognize me the fisherman.
Look at the grumbling, at the fruitfulness
We are first; ours is last,
Give recognition to me O the sun, the rain, the windy
Day, the quiet day
My day of course is that of the fisherman.
O sun give me life
And to my wife, my children, my parents.
- PRAYER OF THAKSGIVING SAID BY
  HAWAIIAN FISHERMEN AFTER CATCHING
  A FISH


Interesting ... the thought of the life of the fisherman!  
It is hard to imagined the gift and the struggle of a life dependent
on the generosity and abundance of the sea.
This fisherman begins the day with a prayer to all six directions,
knowing full well that the success of this day
can not be achieved by the fisherman alone.

My day is always better too, when I remember to
begin it with a prayer for guidance 
and holy awareness in my day.
I think I will borrow from the fisherman
and pray to the six directions ...
I need all the help I can get!! 

May all your nets be filled to the brim this day ~
love, 
cate

No comments:

Post a Comment