And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Watch over and Protect

O my guardians, from remote antiquity,
Watch over our home
From top to bottom;
From one corner to the other;
From east to west;
From (the side facing) the upland to
(the side facing) the sea;
From the inside to the outside;
Watch over and protect it;
Ward off all that may trouble our life here.
Amana - [the prayer] is freed.
                        - hawaiian daily house prayer






I was thinking today about life on life's terms in conjunction with the word "protect".  I know that it is not up to God to protect me from experiencing life on life's terms, but that God WILL be with me no matter what life brings my way....this is something that I know for sure.  


In recent days I have been with a couple of friends who are facing very serious life challenges.  There are no words that can really comfort at times like these ... the only gift is that of an open heart, loving listening, and BEing fully present.  


Sometimes, in order to do that, I need to do what my  wise spiritual teacher taught me ... that is, to remember the truth for that person ... that God is with them, no matter what.  With that truth in mind, the impossible becomes bearable ... thank God.
                                                                          cate

No comments:

Post a Comment