And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Friday, January 18, 2013

A Believing Fool

I would rather be fooled
than not believe.

Today, Mark Nepo says ...
"There are many reasons to be kind, but perhaps none is as
compelling as the spiritual fact that that is what we do.  It is how 
the inner organ of being keeps pumping.  Spiders sting. 
Wolves howl. Ants build small hills that no one sees.  And
human beings life each other, no matter the consequence.
Even when other beings sting."

I think of Viktor Frankl and his amazing
ability to remain faithful and to live in
grace throughout his time in
a Nazi war camp.  
He remained kind,
he remained faith-filled,
he miraculously maintained his humanity.

He said:


These are difficult times,
we can all make a difference by choosing to be kind ...
no matter what!
A small act of kindness can make a HUGE difference!!!
BELIEVE,
cate

No comments:

Post a Comment