And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

ONENESS

"For mysteriously and powerfully,
when I look deep enough into you,
I find me, and when you dare to hear my fear
in the recess of your heart, you recognize it as your secret
that you thought no one else knew.
And in that unexpected wholeness that is more than each of us,
but common to all -
that moment of unity is the atom of God.
Mark Nepo : The book of Awakening


I noticed something very unique when we spent several days
at Mayo Clinic when my Mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
The hospital there was huge, and filled with patients with very serious illnesses.
I noticed a quiet connection among the hundreds of people who walked 
those hallways, ate in area restaurants, slept in  local boarding rooms ...
a quiet reverence and unspoken respect. 
It was if we all knew that we were there experiencing deep trauma
and needed to be in a loving gentle space ~ and that everyone 
respected that in the others, and provided it through their 
common quiet connection, reverence perhaps.

We are all one  ... we can approach one another with reverence and respect, 
tenderness and kindness.  
We do not have to be at Mayo Hospital to realize this need.

It is said ...
BE KIND, FOR EVERYONE YOU MEET IS FIGHTING A GREAT BATTLE.

It is a softening of humanity,
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment