And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Seeing Into Darkness

Seeing into darkness is clarity ...
This is called practicing eternity ...
-LAO-TZU

Do you remember those childhood nights when
you were afraid to look into your closet
or under the bed?
The longer you waited,
the scarier the unknown monsters became! 

I remember the elaborate scenes my sister and I would
develop each evening: we would
drop a brush and loudly exclaim that
we needed to pick it up.  Then,
while bending quickly to pick up
the brush we would steal a glance under the bed.

As for the closet ... that was an entirely different
drama filled with loud speeches about selecting clothes
for the following morning,
and flinging the door open so quickly
we practically flew across the room!

All that drama,
just to peer into the fear 
hidden in that darkness!

Once we looked,
shining the light into the darkness,
the fear evaporated.

In our world today,
fear is the marketed in products,
news programs, politics.
It surrounds us!

What a challenge it can be
to live the light
in the midst of a market-place
of dark shadows!

Gratefully, life sends many reminders
that 
ALL IS WELL!

Reminders to
BE HERE NOW ...
IN THE PRESENT!!

When I was out today,
I received one of my favorite reminders.
I could hear the geese,
a symphony of honking as they
flew across the dark sky
above the snow laden clouds!

I could not see them,
but I knew they were there ...
following one another on their journey through the skies.


They remind me of God ~
Even when it seems God can not be seen,
and things appear to be dark,
I know God is there,
doing God's thing,
and there is no-thing to fear!

Thus, there is no darkness,
only my fear of the unknown!

They remind me to Be the Light!!

Please enjoy Chris Rice singing at the link below:

Shine your light on the world today, we need you :)
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment