And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Friday, January 13, 2012

Today, I remember!



Do not fear the truth,
Hard as it may appear,
Grievously as it may hurt,
It is still right
And you were born for it.
If you go out to meet
And love it,
Let it exercise your mind,
It is your best friend
And closest sister.
-Dom Helder Camara
 “The Desert is Fertile”

Surrender...
again and again this simple word describes the call.
Be it the still small voice or the rumbling voice of thunder,
the voice is ALWAYS there IF I am able to listen.

Surrender means "Thy" way, not "my" way.

The more I live that out,
the more peaceful and joyous my journey.

When I receive a call, it ALWAYS comes with the grace to live it out!
The quicker I say "YES" , the smoother the transition.

They say you could sum up the Big Book into one word,
SURRENDER!
Most of us need 12 steps to get there,
and a lifetime of daily practice to stay there ...
cause, it is so easy to forget,

and then, you remember!  :)

Today, I remember, and I am so very grateful!!
Cate

As the old saying goes: “If not now, when? If not you, who?”

No comments:

Post a Comment