And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Surprise of Delight


Before me, may it be delightful.
Behind me, may it be delightful.
Around me, may it be delightful.
Below me, may it be delightful.
Above me, may it be delightful.
All, may it be delightful.
               -Navajo  Prayer

I can picture this Navajo prayer being composed while perched on top
of  a towering rock while surrounded by a vast green valley visible on all sides below,
 and a clear blue sky dressed with puffy puffy white clouds all above. 
In that space, in that moment, one would surely be surounded by delight!

I pondered the discovery of being surrounded by delight
in a more challenging time,
and the strangest memory came to me.

I remembered being at the Stations of the Cross as a young Nun
just a few weeks after my Mother had died from cancer.
There was a moment in the prayer where we were praying for those who were no longer
with us, and my breath seemed to pass away for a moment.
Then, I felt the warmth of a hand reaching forward from  behind me
and softly resting on my shoulder....softly and gently pulling me back to the present
living, loving moment. 
It was a program friend who had quietly slipped into the church to join us in prayer.
 It was the simplest of moments,
but one that has stayed alive with me for these many years.

It was as if the God within, and the God with Skin, and the Body of Christ that is Chuch all came together as ONE ... and I felt at complete peace and complete connection and complete Oneness.

What a strange moment to be called a memory of delight.  I wonder what that is about?
  I think it is about love ...
at that very moment I felt love enter into a a painful wound of loss,
and the love was healing and warming and unexpected...
yes, it was delightful.

What a surpise!

Love, Cate







No comments:

Post a Comment