And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Full of Mud ... make mud pies?

By wishes alone you cannot a livelihood make,
Roll up your sleeves, send your bucket down
With those that others send.
Then behold!
At times, it will come up full,
Full to the brim;
At times full with mud,
And perhaps a little water.
                -ABD AL-ASWALD AL-DUWALI

What a fun reminder that I am simply called to do my part,
and to live and accept life on life's terms,
and can choose to be grateful for whatever my bucket brings :)

If I want to win the lottery, I do need to buy a ticket! 
If I want to live in conscious contact with God, I do need to invest my time in that relationship!

I can choose to put forth the effort needed to toss in my bucket,
but there are no guarantees what my bucket will bring back to me!
So, if it brings much needed water, I can be grateful!
If it brings a bucket full of mud, I can be grateful too,
and make mud pies.

No comments:

Post a Comment