And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

practice...practice...and practice again


I vow to practice breathing and smiling,
Looking deeply into things.
I vow to understand living beings and their suffering,
To cultivate compassion and loving kindness,
And to practice joy and equanimity.
        -Thich Nhat Hanh

I smile as I read this tonight,
this makes so much sense ...
and so easily I forget!
Just how many vows have I made,
only to get swept up into the havoc of daily life.

Yet, these are great vows ...worth taking again and again.
Each time I take them,
I practice living them out for a little bit longer.
I practice and I practice,
and one day I realize that I truly remember,
and the vows have become a part of who I am.

Kinda makes me wish I would have been more willing to practice
the piano and the violin when I was a kid  :)

Practice really can become presence!!!

Cate

1 comment: