And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Life is eternal

Immortal Love,
   all human loves excelling,
   of all human loves the source,
How shall we thank thee
   for the bonds of affection
   with  which we are made members
   one of another?
To those who gave us birth and have
   nurtured us,
To those who have been the guides
   of our childhood and youth,
To those who are our brothers and sisters,
To those whose lives are linked with ours
    in bonds of friendship
To these, to all others, dear to us,
    present or absent,
    near or far,
    companions invisible,
    a cloud of witnesses surrounding us,
We pay the tribute of our grateful love,
And because of their faith in us,
Here before thee we pledge anew
   our loyalty to them.
      - Robert French Leavens
 
What a grand reminder this is of the many wonderful people
who have given birth to the many parts of me,
and who have healed the broken parts of me,
who have inspired the holy parts of me
and those guides and friends and partners who have
traveled the many roads with me.
 
The older I become,
the more grateful I am to realize that
"life is eternal and love is immortal
and death is only a horizon"
 
I feel so truly blessed
by so many amazing transforming encounters ....
some as brief as a moment and some much longer.
A gift, each and every ONE!!
 
 
I often pause at night to ponder on the stars that fill the sky,
and feel the wonder of the people who have blessed my life so abundantly.
 
Their blessings have become
a part of me.
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment