And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Shelter of Love

Now we will feel no rain
for each of us will be shelter for the other.
Now we will feel no cold
for each of us will be warmth for the other.
Now there is no lonliness
for each of us will be companion for the other.
There is only one life before us
and our seasons will be long and good.
          - adapted from an Apache Wedding Blessing


The unconditional love that is shared so freely in 12 step communities
sets them apart from any other community I have ever known ...
They mean it when they say "let us love you until you learn to love yourself".
For so many of us,it is the first time we discover people who think like we do,
suddenly, we are no longer alone, "we've got people!"

As I watch the difficulties facing so many people in our world this day,
I wish for them the power of such a spiritual community,
a place to call home where people embrace you with love,
acceptance and spiritual truth.

I once attended the funeral of the father of a young Priest I knew.
He said the funeral Mass for his dad surrounded by many other Priests,
joining in one in prayer and concelebration of the Mass.
As I watched them I thought, there is the body of Christ.
He was surounded by God in humanity,
the hug of the "God with arms"

Whatever your community may be this day,
I hope it finds you sharing and receiving  love,
acceptance and spiritual Truth.

Gratefully,
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment