And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Thursday, February 23, 2012

If not now ... when?


If I am not concerned for myself, who will be for me?
But If I am only concerned for myself, what good am i?
And if now is not the time to act, when will it be?
                                                   -Hillel



I can't believe it is so late in what was a crazy day, and I am finally blogging, and this is the quote for today!?!  God sure has a sense of humor!

I remember hearing a speaker at an open AA meeting once who recalled a very stressful day, and said the only thing  that was good about the day was that he made it through sober.  For some people that didn't mean so much, but for him, it meant the world!  It meant that he chose LIFE, he chose to stay on the road to recovery no matter what ... he knew that one small step away from his recovery could be the step that carried him out the door and into the disease once more.  And then, he would be lost to himself and to all those he could help with his life.

I had an exhausting emotional overwhelming day. I am so grateful to have also been given the chance to choose LIFE.  I am up a little bit too late, but I ate a healthy dinner, did what needed to be done in my evening, and talked to several recovery friends who shared solution and faith and their God with me.  I stayed on the 12 step road today, this one day, one day a a time. 

We each have this one day ... and this is the time to act, to do the next right thing, this one day.  If we do that, we will still be on this road tomorrow ... and then we will have that day too :)

How grateful I am to be this grateful at the end of a day like this!!      Cate


No comments:

Post a Comment