And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Life is generous


It takes courage to ask a question and truly pay heed
to the answer ... From the highest level to the most
practical level, all real questions come about  from the
pain of separation, the separation from the answer ...
We are merely instruments through which the question
can be asked and through which the question can be
answered.         
                           -RESHAD FIELD
Do you have the patience to wait
     till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
     till the right action arises by itself?
                                  - TAO TE CHING

Life is so generous ... not that I am always so willing to receive the generous lessons it sends to me. lol lol   It is amazing how life on life's terms sets the scene for me to take big steps of faith or growth or awareness.  I softly smile tonight when I realize the pattern has just played out again over the past few days.  Funny how I never notice until after the fact.

It happens like this ... I am in some sort of big struggle ~ either physical, emotional, spiritual or social.  And, I struggle and struggle and drip with misery , seek  instant answers, and trip and fall multiple times until finally .... I surrender.  

Finally, I just let it go, most likely because I can not hold on any longer!  Giving up the illusion of control is never easy.  And then ... in those moments of grace ... a new awareness, an invitation to let go, a nudge to face something i did not want to see ... whatever it is, it arrives when I no longer have the strength to do anything other than quietly receive whatever it may be.
And then, suddenly, I can see something so clearly!
It is a life changing gift.
I am ready,
I am grateful.

And so it goes ... ...
life is generous.
cate

No comments:

Post a Comment