And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The food of your life


For each of us food is the source of sustenance, the
basis of life; and when we offer this gift to one another,
we are not only nourishing each other’s bodies, we are
feeding one another’s spirit. So  receive – and give -  the
food of your life as the powerful gift it is.
           -Daphne Rose Kingma


During the celebration of 100 years of our congregation in the USA when I was a member of the SSCM's, our motto for the year was "We are Bread".  Bread represents the sharing of life in so many situations ... breaking bread together, the loaves and the fishes, communion;sharing our truest nourishment, our greatest gift ~ the healing power of love.  When that is the bread that is shared, the truly nourished soul becomes visible here on earth....and the eternal now moment becomes visible to the naked eye as the breeze travels through a beam of the moon.

Today I am open to receive and to give .... the true bread of life!        Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment