And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Friday, March 9, 2012

The rainbow within


As a child
     I was told and believed
                 that was a treasure
                     buried beneath every rainbow.
I believed it so much that
       I have been unsuccessfully
            chasing rainbows
                   most of my life.
I wonder why
     no one ever told me
         that the rainbow
     and the treasure
          were both
               within me.
             - Gerald  G. Jampolsky, M.D.

This reminds me of the story about the fish looking everywhere for the sea ...
looking and looking and looking everywhere for what was already all around her,
she just didn't recognize it.  Or, like Dorothy who journeys all through OZ looking for what she too already had within. 

I wonder why we don't teach our children that God is within each and everyONE ... that they do not need to journey the world to find what they already have!  Imagine how people might learn to treasure and love themselves and take good care of themselves if they grew up knowing that the treasure they were seeking was already closer than their very breath.  And, imagine too how differently they might treat others!!

The AABB reminds us of this wonderful truth when it says (p.55):

We found the Great Reality deep down within us. In the last analysis it is only there that He may be found. 

When I forget this,
it helps so much to simply pause and take a deep breath ....
and another ...
until I connect with truth once more!!

Namaste'
Cate



No comments:

Post a Comment