And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Earth

Earth, condolences,
Earth, condolences,
Earth and dust,
The dependable one,
I lean upon you.
Earth, when I am about to die,
I lean upon you.
Earth, while I am alive,
I depend upon you.
Earth, while I am alive,
I depend upon you.
Earth that receives dead bodies,
The Creator's drummer says;
From wherever he went,
He has roused himself,
He has roused himself.
        - ASHANTI DRUM POEM
O Spring, how we've missed you. Stir us from our
slumber.  Blow away  the dark storms of winter with
your gentle breezes so we can see again the mountains
of challenge that inspire us to   climb higher.    They've
been there all winter, but we've been inside.  The
promise of change is all around - may we greet the new
beginning with renewed energy and vigor.

Tomorrow is Earth Day ... reminding me of the amazing power and spiritual lessons our earth brings to us.  Just BEing in the seasons as they flow through each year, the planting ... the growing ... the harvest ... the time of rest ... shows us how to live our lives.  The storms and the droughts, the wildfires and the ice storms: the earth continues to do its thing, simply being the earth ... giving us life through it all...regenerating...living ... simply BEing.

I am trying to spend more and more time living in awareness and presence to this wonderful teacher ... bare foot on the earth.  

I hope we all celebrate earth this day ~ and each day!!
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment