And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

in The Light

...to be said while lighting candles
We begin by honoring the Light,
We light these candles for our families, our
beloveds, our friends, for our relations;
For those who are near and for those from whom
we feel unwanted distance;
For the newborn, for the elderly, and for the 
wounded children.
May the candles inspire us to use our powers
to heal and not to harm, to help and not to
hinder, to bless and not to curse.
May their radiance pour out upon our hearts, and
spread light into the darkened corners of our world.

-adapted from A PASSOVER HAGGADAH by
RACHEL ALTMAN AND MARY JANE RYAN


click the link below to hear song for today


Such a wonderful imagery springs from this reading ...the love,
the connection, the healing, the warmth.
It brings to my mind so many special memories of 
times softened by the glow of candle light.  Sometimes when I 
am feeling fragmented, I light a candle to help me remember I 
am truly connected to the light ~ a part of the light!

May we all be connected by the light,
warmed by the light,
melted into the light that shines forth from everyONE!

Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment