And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, April 23, 2012

Shanti Shanti Shanti

May there be peace in the higher regions; may there
be peace in the firmament; may there be peace on earth.
May the waters flow peacefully; may the herbs and
plants grow peacefully; may all the divine powers bring
unto us peace.  the supreme Lord is peace.  May we all
 be in peace, peace, and only peace; and may that peace
come unto each of us.
Shanti (peace) - Shanti - Shanti
-THE VERDAS, TRANSLATED
BY RAIMUNDO PANNIKER

It is in the shelter of each other that we live.

I watched Ianyla Vanzant working with a young man who was carrying great pain and anger towards his father due to his abandonment.  He was miserable, and carried this burden within him.  As a part of his healing, she asked him to close his eyes and imagine his father sitting in the chair across from him.  She then asked him to see his father as a broken and wounded man, covered with bandages and splints and stitches.  She asked him to look at this broken man and to realize that he had not hurt him intentionally, but rather was broken himself and his own actions had come from his own brokenness.  Ianyla asked the boy to look at his own responsibilities regarding carrying the resentment, and to forgive himself.  She then asked him to forgive his father, and to know he did the best he could at that time.

I thought the picture of the bandaged man was so powerful ... so true. The image is a clear reminder that people harm others due to their own brokenness, and like the gossip line, each one of us can make the decision to stop passing it on, to forgive and heal.
None of us can be peace when we carry resentment towards others or incomplete  love for ourselves.  And ... it is in realizing our own peace that our world will eventually become peace!!!

Let peace extend from my hand to yours.
- from A Course in Miracles

Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment