And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Be Joy!!!

Saint Augustine once said, "Men go abroad to wonder
at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the
sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast
compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the
stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering."
Tonight we acknowledge the wonder of our physical
incarnation - that we are here, in these particular
bodies, at this particular time, in these particular
circumstances.  May we never take for granted the gift
of our individuality.


Dear Mother,
Hear and bless
Thy beasts
And singing birds;
And guard with tenderness
Small things
That have no words.
-adapted from a traditional Christian Prayer

Breathing in, I know I am
breathing in.
Breathing out, I now I am
breathing out.
Thich Nhat Hanh

Be Here Now ... all IS well!!!!!
Love,
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment