And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Monday, May 7, 2012

May I become ...

May I become a medicine for the sick and their physician,
their support until sickness
     come not again.
May I become a unfailing store for  the wretched, and
be first to supply them with their needs.
My own self and my pleasures, my righteousness past,
present and future, may I sacrifice without regard, in
order to achieve the welfare of beings.
                                     -Santidiva


Oh God
help me
to believe
the truth about myself
no matter
how beautiful it is!
-Macrina Wiederkehr


 I believe we are all called to be healers to each other ... in our presence we can become the arms of God ... God with skin for each other.  None of of have a higher  calling that that!!


It is life on life's terms that has given me my deepest lessons, my greatest growth, my most profound  surrenders.  I heard it said yesterday that we can choose to look at life as what life does to us or what life does for us!  When we look at life being FOR us, we look  with the realization that everything is a gift, and  in each gift offers us the opportunity to grow spiritually and to become more and more our authentic selves, our particular gift to this world!  Wow ... what a difference that one little word makes!


May I grow each day towards becoming an authentic healer ...
May I live life with the knowledge that all is a gift FOR me ...
and may you too receive these gifts!                                                    cate

No comments:

Post a Comment