And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May We Nourish Life

Earth Water Air and Fire combined to
     make this food.
Numberless beings gave their lives and labor that
     we may eat.
May we be nourished that we may nourish life.
                           - Joan Halifax



Once the guest had eaten and drunk at your table, the
guest becomes kin ... beggar or enemy, friend or chief,
if they knock on your door, it will open; if they seek
your shelter, it will be given, and if they ask for
hospitality, give them your bread and wine.
... for who  knows when you may need the help of a
fellow human?               -Keri Hume     



click link below for song 

This Saturday our local postal workers will be collecting food items from our mailboxes to donate to local food pantries.  While none of can invite all of the hungry people who live in our communities to join us at out tables ... this is one simple thing we can do! 
I realize as I sit with these readings today that my prayer before a meal does not extend far enough,
I  have forgotten to include prayer for the many people who are so hungry.
I can't change this awful situation .... but I can remember!!!  
I can pray,
I can donate,
I can live in awareness!
cate

No comments:

Post a Comment