And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Go ahead, put it down ...BE FREE!

Today's reading tells a tale that is so relateable
on so many levels!!  The young man was preparing
to paint a room, gathered all the supplies, got to the door
and carefully tried to balance everything in his arms:
paint,assorted brushes, drop cloth
while also trying to open the door!

And...YES, eventually he lost his grip
and fell backwards to the ground,
his entire being iced in red paint
and sprinkled with painting supplies!!!

He was stubborn ... he would not let go!!!

Why is it so hard to let go?  
It reminds me of Nemo in the stomach of the Whale,
oh how he struggled, until he finally followed the advice
of the whale and LET GO!!!


SURRENDER
SURRENDER
SURRENDER

The painter could not  make it through the new door
until he let go off all his stuff!
Nemo could not be blown to safety
until he quit hanging on so tightly!
Soooo, I ask myself, what do I need to set free today?
What can I let go?
How can I surrender?
For, that is truly the path to Spiritual Freedom!!!

I was invited to join the Unity Good Words Club today ...
and to focus for the next month
to adding only positive words and energy
into our world!
I know that can be quite an undertaking ...
but prayerfully decided to say YES ...
and to let go of the thought patterns
that might block my way.

I am willing to let go ...and to receive this invitation with an open heart.

What would you like to let go today?  

Be Light!!!
Love,
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment