And so, I Blog!!

Soooo, everybody is blogging except for Moi? Is this the newest form of writing? Are we headed towards the reality of the movie "Fahrenheit 451 "? What a tragedy that would be!! I have tried Twitter~for about 48 hours ,not for me at all! I do Facebook, but also find it to be truly surfacy and a bit of a waste of my time. I like to write, not twit or mindlessly comment. So, I guess I will. :) Here I will share on the most precious thing in my life, my recovery and my spiritual journey. If my only audience is that of the ether, that will be good enough ... for I write not to be read, but because I am called to write!!! And so, I blog!!
I will begin with the daily readings from the book:

A Grateful Heart ~ 365 ways to give thanks at mealtime edited by MJ Ryan
The Winter Prayers began on the first day of winter ~ so I am begining there. The winter prayers begin with this thought:
A thankful soul is thankful under all circumstances, a complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. -BAHA'U'LLAH
Please join me in thought-provoking conversaton! Namaste' Cate

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Unlearning

"Each person is born with an unencumbered spot - free of
expectation and regret, free of ambition and embarrassment,
free of fear and worry - an umbilical spot of grace
where we were each first touched by God.  It is this spot
of grace that issues peace."
from the Book of awakening


Isn't it amazing to realize that we are born with 
all the true knowledge we ever need ...
spend years learning things that cloud that knowledge ...
and then spend the rest of our lives 
unlearning all that extra stuff!  

A newborn baby has no expectations of themselves,
no need to prove,
no need to compete,
no need to seek safety and security 
and approval ...
the newborn accepts themselves without question,
just as they are!

A newborn has not yet learned to compare,
to judge,
or to be afraid!

A newborn has no conditioning to make them think
they are separate and apart from God.

So, a newborn simply lives in truth!!

It is in that newborn space that I find the deepest peace!
ONENESS!

How grateful I am for unlearning!
cate

No comments:

Post a Comment